Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Computer hardware and cables shops in PUNE (a big fat computer/ electronics goods valley in PUNE)

Good Electronics and Computer Hardware shops In Pune.

Recently I faced an issue with my computer. I brought a new cabinet from Zeberonics. I switched from Mini cabinet to mid tower cabinet.  I started shifting my internal components of cabinet from older to newer cabinet. In process, I stuck with issue, as my new cabinet has bottom placement of PSU (SMPS), my PSU Cables (from PSU to Motherboard) were insufficient to reach the connection on motherboard.  Mainly my ATX +12 V cable from SMPS (PSU) was getting short to reach motherboard terminal. Thus to resolve this issue I searched on Google and I found a solution as to buy an “ATX12V 4-Pin CPU Power Extension Cable”.
I found it on Indian sites to purchase and I found one on theitdepot.com as “Lian Li ATX Extension Adapter Cable (PW8-8)” and “Nzxt 8Pin Motherboard Individually Sleeved Extension Cable (CB 8P)", both are above 350/- + shipping and having length as 30 cm and 25 cm each.  So before purchasing it from online store, I thought to just check out with local stores in Pune.
I searched a lots of computer vendors like data care center (DCC), BABA electronics, S-tech computers, Vardhaman computers etc, but none have any. Some of them shown me the SMPS (PSU) Power cable (from PSU to mains) instead and some say such cable never comes, or have to buy new SMPS (also shown the picture of cable and pin of cable by my mobile). Even the shops having computer repairing in-house says there is nothing as extension for such cable.
Finally a guy from Vardhaman computers suggested it will be available in Computer hardware shops in main Area of Pune named as budhwar peth. So I went there and saw a big fat computer/ electronics goods valley there and I was astonished. There were vendors selling computer parts/speakers/HDD/ mobiles to chips / transistors and diodes. There were hobby electronics kit store too. (In short it is like lamination road area, Mumbai)
So I start searching for my extension cable there on Saturday (Sunday closed), and initially I didn’t get the require cable but was getting references of shops that might have those cable.  Finally I went to a Cable shop, which makes the cable as per your requirement, with the male-female plugs you need and gives it to you.
That shopkeeper shown me the varieties of the connectors and I found mine, so he found the suitable female connector for same and ask me the length of cable to be made. He also asked for the number of quantity he wants, I said , I want just one for my P.C (:-P :-P).  He said that the person who cramps the cable is out of town and will take 2-3 working days to get the require cable made and deliver. I was ready to wait and paid him 100 Rs (in advance) and ask to call me once it is made.
Hoping that cable should be made soon and I will be able to start my pc again…
Shop name and address is as follows: (hope it helps others)

Smeeta Connectronics Pvt Ltd
House of Connectors,cables,switches and networking products
Address: 1st floor, Dhanvant Plaza, inside  Vasant cinema building, shop no : 598,near dagdushet mandir, budhwar peth,Pune 411002
TEL :: 020-24483796 / 020 – 24485327 / 020 66017610
Some other electronics shops

All in one Mobile parts /accessories store:
Geeta Sales
505 B, budhwar peth, Nityanand market, pune 411002
No: 02024497425
(I got a body of Samsung 3530 model which is not available in whole pune area except this store.)
There are some more … I will let you know…

No comments:

Post a Comment